How create a workflow to copy all documents from a document library to another document library?
Last Update: December 20, 2018
Apply for: SPARK Workflow for SharePoint 2013/2016 and Office 365
Suppose you have two document libraries named "DocLib1" and "DocLib2" created in the same site and you want to create a workflow to copy all documents from "DocLib1" to "DocLib2".
Here are the steps on how to do that.
- Create a new list workflow. For more details on how to create a list workflow, refer to
Create a list workflow use case.
- Drag "For Each" and "Copy Item" activities onto the workflow canvas and drop it onto a design node as follows:
Note: A workflow variable of type integer should be created to store the value in when looping through each value in the source library.
- Configure the "For Each" activity as follows:
- Configure the "Copy Item" activity as follows:
- Publish the workflow by clicking on the
Publish button in the workflow ribbon.
- Now go to "DocLib1" document library and run the workflow. For more details on how to run a list workflow, refer to
Run a list workflow use case.
- Go to "DocLib2" you will see that all documents have been copied from "DocLib1" to "DocLib2".