How to create a workflow to delete items from a list that satisfy a specific condition?
Last Update: December 21, 2018
Apply for: SPARK Workflow for SharePoint 2013/2016 and Office 365
Suppose you have a list named "List1" and you want to create a site workflow to delete all items from this list where the column "Title" equals to "S123".
Here are the steps on how to do that.
- Create a new list workflow. For more details on how to create a list workflow, refer to
Create a list workflow use case.
- Drag "For Each" and "Delete Item" activities onto the workflow canvas and drop it onto a design node as follows:
- Configure the "For Each" activity as follows:
Note: A workflow variable of type integer should be created to store the value in when looping through each value in the list.
- Configure the "Delete Item" activity as follows:
- Publish the workflow by clicking on the
Publish button in the workflow ribbon.
- Now go to "List1" and run the workflow. For more details on how to run a list workflow, refer to
Run a list workflow use case.
- After completing running the workflow, you will see that all items in the list that satisfy the condition have been deleted from the list.