How to execute and use the execution results of a Web Connector control through a Button control?
Last Update: June 21, 2018
Suppose you have a Web Connector control on a form that call a web service to POST information to an external database and you want to execute this through a Button control and to get the execution results back in order to be used in the form.
Here are the steps on how to do that.
- Open the form in
- Add a Web Connector control to the form design workspace and change its ID property to "WebConnector1".
- Configure the WebConnector1 control by clicking on the "Control Settings selector" under the control properties.
- Add a Button control to the form design workspace and change its ID property to "Button1".
- Select Button1 control.
- In the
Rules pane, click on the Add icon to add a new rule, the
Rule Manager dialog will open.
- Add a new rule as follows:
A. Change the
Rule Name as desired.
B. Change the
Rule Type to Action.
C. Keep the
Event Type onChange.
D. In the
Action section, type the following script:
//generateWebConnectorData() //use this function to get a field or more than one field from a web service fields values and assign them to a specific form controls.
//Or getWebConnectorData() // use this function to get a web service field value from Web Connector data.
E. Click on the
Save button to save the rule.
Note: You can use
Assistance Panel to help you adding functions and related parameters, form variables and form controls to
- Test the form by publishing it and adding a new item to the list.