How to retrieve information from LDAP?
Last Update: December 26, 2018
Apply for: SPARK Workflow for SharePoint 2013/2016 and Office 365
Suppose you want create a list workflow to retrieve information of the currently logged in user (initiator) from a MS SQL Server database where the detailed information of users have been stored in a table named "T_Employees". This workflow starts when adding a new item to the list.
Here are the steps on how to do that.
- Create a new list workflow. For more details on how to create a list workflow, refer to
Create a list workflow use case.
- Drag activities onto the workflow canvas and drop it onto a design node as follows:
- Configure "LDAP Query" activity as follows:
Note: varDepartment workflow variable of type Sigle line of text should be created.
- Configure "Create History Log" activity as follows:
- Publish the workflow by clicking on the
Publish button in the workflow ribbon.
- Now you can test the workflow by adding a new item to the list that this workflow being created on.