How to show alert when clicking on a control?
Last Update: June 22, 2018
Here are the steps on how to show alert "popup message" when clicking on a control:
- Open the form in
- Add a control on design workspace area "Canvas". Let us add a Button control and set its ID property to "btnShowAlert".
- Select the btnShowAlert control.
- In the Rules pane, click on the Add icon to add a new rule, the Rule Manager dialog will open.
- Follow the following steps to add a new rule to show an alert when clicking the Button control:
A. Change the Rule Name as desired.
B. Change the Rule Type to Action.
C. Keep the Rule Type onClick.
D. In the Action section, type the following :
alert('Hello World!') //alert is a JS function
E. Click on the Save button to save the rule.
Note: You can use Assistance Panel to help you adding functions and related parameters, form variables and form controls to Conditions and/or Actions sections.
- Test the form by clicking on the Preview button in the View group.
These resources may not reflect the same exact case steps.